E has gone to her first play. Some of the young women in my church were in the play "Grease." I was going to go with a friend in the young women presidency but she was unable to go so I ask Bry if he would like to. We both love plays and so I knew he would agree, so we bought her ticket. Of course E would go with us. I am not ready to ask for a babysitter. She did really good. She slept most the time. She did get startled a couple of times because it would be quite and then a song would start or they would yell. I thought she would be interested in the lights but she really didn't care. As for the play. It was really good. They have some good talent and good voices at the school. The only thing I was disappointed in was one of the songs that was different, it wasn't in the movie. It was called "moon" and apparently one of the boys was good at mooning and so throughout the song they would grab each others rear ends. It was funny but maybe not appropriate for high school students to do. I guess I don't remember plays like that when we were in high school or maybe it is because I now have a daughter and I would not like her to play that role. They also had some fake cigarettes. I guess I found it funny that we live in Wyoming where we have commercials and billboards about drugs and they have these high school students pretending to smoke. Don't get me wrong I know that it is in the movie and I love the movie but they could have done with out the cigarettes. I don't think I would have noticed that detail gone.
I was sad that I forgot to take my camera to the play to take a picture of her but I guess there will be other opportunities. She will be going to church for the first time tomorrow and the following weekend she will be blessed. We are so excited. I am making her a blessing blanket. Hopefully it will be done by next Sunday. I am getting excited to be doing more with E. I know it is winter and so there is not much to do but I do want to show her off. I just hope we are not exposing her to early and she ends up getting sick. She is doing so well sleeping at night and she is such a happy baby I don't want to see her sick, but I guess no mother wants to see their child sick. So we will see how it goes. I guess she has to get exposed sometime.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment