Monday, March 1, 2010

E was so good at church. Of course it helped that she slept most of the time. I am not sure if her outfit matched but I wanted her to wear her camouflage dress. But I had this sweater, booties, and bonnet that my moms cousin made. It is a pattern from my great grandmother. Who got these patterns from various people and books and has made them for much of my family. What I love about this outfit is not many kids wear bonnets. She just looks so old fashion, not to mention so cute with the bonnet on. I think her favorite part of the outfit was the ties, because she kept trying to suck on them.
Tomorrow she will be 8 weeks old. She is starting to stay awake more in the day and her neck muscles are getting stronger when she is on her belly. I still can't get her to push up on her hands. I don't know at what age they start developing that. When she does get on her belly, the first thing she does is stick her hand in her mouth. The other day I put her on her belly and she screamed the whole time. I couldn't understand why because she is getting better on her belly and doesn't scream as much. When I picked her up I realized why! Her hand was stuck in her shirt. She couldn't get it to her mouth. The funny thing is she has another hand but she only goes for the one.
Today the home nurse came and weighed her. She is 9lbs 10 oz. She says that she hasn't gained as much as she should, but because she is happy and peeing she is not worried. She is a very happy baby and so I really don't know what more to do. We do have an appointment with the Dr. next week and so I am sure if it is a big problem he will give advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment